It may seem impossible to makeover an entire room for only $100, but it it totally doable with just a little creativity. Which is why this desk in a closet was the perfect solution. The first step to this makeover was to remove all the baseboards and trim. Remove the door https://remotemode.net/ and then remove the shelves inside the small closet. Bright or neutral colors not only work well with wooden materials, but they also create an airy feeling – breathing up the space. Dark colors add weight to any design, but for smaller areas, it tightens up the space.
- Store items you use daily at eye level and stash extra supplies up top.
- On the flip side, there are also humble abodes that barely have enough space to pop in an entire home office.
- Then I used some left over navy blue paint to create this faux patterned tile design.
- Creating office workstations in small spaces takes focused creativity and design incorporating functionality, style, and ergonomic comfort.
Your mini office can be anywhere an existing closet is. I used a kitchen cabinet company for my closet office cabinets, drawers and desk. Your cloffice should be a space you enjoy being in, so decorate it with colors, patterns, and accessories you love. Paint the interior of the closet in a favorite color, or cover the walls with a fun wallpaper treatment. Add framed artwork or photos and decorative accents like vases and collectibles to show off your personality. Remote work has become the new normal for many, and home offices are now in high demand.
What is a Cloffice? How I Turned My Closet into an Office Space
If you’re a seasoned contractor or DIYer, you can build an entire desk and shelf system into your cabinet workplace. Built-in desks can be a great way to make the most of your cabinet office’s potential. So you need to be creative and see how you can empty your existing closets to make room for your small home office. Select a spot that works together with your work style and helps you be productive and effective. That may be a nook under the stairs or even a bedroom closet.
- Boost storage by mounting a set of floating shelves above the desk area, and add stackable bins or boxes for office supplies and files.
- Having no doors makes a small space office appear larger; the downside is lack of privacy.
- Try to find a chair that fits inside the cloffice so that you’re able to shut the closet door with ease.
- If you have an alcove, another kind of a nook, or are just keen on saving space, consider using a wall-mounted folding or drop-leaf table desk — for example, Bjursta from IKEA.
It’s the perfect spot to arrange books, keeping them accessible yet off of your workspace. Think about what color you want to use for how to convert a closet into an office your office space. There are many options and you can get some ideas in the more than 100 closet home office ideas you can see below.
How to Build a Desk in a Closet
“The foundation of the space begins with a plan,” says professional organizer Ellen Delap. Nearly two years into the pandemic, it’s time to stop working at the kitchen table and start designing your dream office. If you’re anything like Katelyn Richardson or Kookie Jackson, all you need is an extra coat closet to make it a reality. “I would have to say that it’s much easier to do than it looks,” she says.
This of course is not an option if you are renting your place. In this case, you may need to work with extension cords. There are also many good options of pre-assembled lights which could be mounted onto the shelf or wall using removable glue strips.
How to Find a Remote Job and Start Working from Home
Sure, this option may still be moderately expensive for those of us who aren’t intimately familiar with woodworking and power tools. But it’s also much cheaper, and much less labor intensive than the fully custom built solution. Transform a standard closet into a complete home office with furniture, lighting, storage, and more.
- And you don’t need a spacious walk-in closet to make it work.
- But most of the time your current closet door might do the job just fine for your home office.
- This bright white shiplap paired with natural textures and a touch of greenery feels bright and fresh.
- This is especially important if your closet office is in a living room or hallway.
- Your closet office needs the same attention as your cubicle.
- You also would have much space for cabinets and shelves.